Worksheets and calculators are useful tools for making projections of future income and expenses for various value-added enterprises.
Below are a listing of Organic Crop Budgeting Tools you can use to project costs and returns for your business.
Also listed are Vegetable Budgeting Tools you can use to project costs and returns for your business.
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Specialty Green Beans
- Heirloom Tomatoes
- Red Raspberries
- Snow Peas
- Sweet Potatoes
The Crop Conversion Calculator is another budgeting tool that lets you easily do a side-by-side comparison of conventional and organic management on your own farm, using your own numbers.
For more information on this topic, see the links listed below for additional calculators and worksheets posted on related Web sites.
Specialty Crop Budgets
- Crop Budgeting Tool – University of Illinois Extension.
- Interactive Greenhouse Crop Budget with Five Crops – Rutgers University.
- Crop Enterprise Costs and Returns Calculators – Ropin the Web, Alberta, Canada.
- Crop Profitability Calculators – Ministry of Agriculture and Lands, British Columbia, Canada.
- Field Crops Enterprise Budgets – University of Kentucky.
- Crop Calculators – Ropin the Web, Alberta, Canada.
- Avocado Cost of Production – University of Hawaii.
- Banana Cost of Production – University of Hawaii.
- Coffee Cost of Production – University of Hawaii.
- Macadamia Nut Cost of Production – University of Hawaii.
- Ohio Enterprise Budgets – Ohio State University.
Specialty Livestock Budgets
- Dairy Goat Enterprise Budget – UW-Madison.
- Meat Goat Enterprise Budget – University of Kentucky.
- Horse Boarding Budgets – Ohio State University.
- Vegetable Enterprise Budgets – Michigan State University.
- Cabbage Cost of Production – University of Hawaii.
- Hydroponics Production Costs – Ohio State University.
- Aeroponic Tomato Production Cost and Profit Analysis – Biocontrols.com.
- Hydroponics Production – Hydroponics.net.
- Livestock Enterprise Budgets – University of Kentucky.
- Wind Farm Area Calculator – National Renewable Energy Laboratory.
- Wind Energy Calculators –Danish Wind Industry Association.
- Co-Composter Calculator – Cornell University.
- Compost Mix Calculator – Klickitat County.
- Manure Composting Calculator – Ropin the Web, Alberta, Canada.
- Ohio Compost Operator Education Course – Ohio State University.
- Animal Waste Economic Analysis –USDA.
- Annual Animal Waste Production Computation – USDA.
- Valuing Manure Calculator – University of Missouri.
- Manure Nutrient Availability Calculator – Purdue University.
- Manure Hauling Economics – Pennsylvania State University.
Distillers Grains Budgets
- Distillers Dried Grains Cost Calculator for Swine – South Dakota State University.
- Distillers Dried Grains Cost Calculator for Swine – Iowa State University.
- Standard Biomass Analytical Procedures – U.S. Department of Energy (DOE).
- Theoretical Biomass to Ethanol Yield Calculator – U.S. DOE.
- Cost of Energy Calculator – University of California.
Specialty Food Calculators
- Specialty Food Enterprise Budget Worksheet – University of Wisconsin at Madison.
(Source – http://www.agmrc.org/business_development/business_workbench/business_worksheets_and_calculators/enterprise-budgeting-tools/)