Accumulating data off which to base decisions is a very critical step in your precision farming operation. You may have data from different systems and sources, so the ability to combine all those items in one place is key to starting with a good foundation.
SMS was developed with this in mind. We strive to support as many systems and data sources that you may need to make accurate decisions in the future. Whether the data is from planting, fertilizing, spraying, harvest or guidance, SMS can house it all and organize it for easy access.
Solutions for all Seasons
- Create and manage soil sampling points, grids and regions. Easily sync lab soil test results with sample locations in the field.
- Create field tile plans for optimal drainage systems.
- Download soil survey maps (US only) and view aerial and road background maps for your fields.
- Plan and document crop plans, tillage practices or other activities for field improvement.
- Choose seed with higher yield potential based on historic yield performance data.
- Create reports and charts displaying important planter performance details.
- Use precision data to satisfy government reporting needs.
- Track variable rate liquid and/or granular application operations.
- Record application operations for regulatory record-keeping.
- Create variable rate application maps and prescriptions.
- Analyze harvest data by field area application records, as-planted maps, etc.
- Discover yield trends within your fields using multiple years of harvest data.
- Create harvest reports and charts to provide details on each field or use query tools to analyze specific areas.
SMS™ Basic is a powerful desktop software that helps you to take data from your field and turn into smart management decisions, using information gathered from planting through harvest.
- Use guidance planning and support to archive guidance lines for future use.
- Create prescriptions based on yield history, soil test results or any additional maps.
- Map soil results by using the soil sampling tools and downloading soil survey maps.
- Print detailed operation reports, charts and maps.
- Analyze yield against other field operations to determine yield influence.
- Track expenses and income throughout the growing year.
Guidance Planning & Support
Print Maps, Charts and Reports
Build charts and reports to show acres planted, planting/harvest dates, bags planted and total harvest production.
Export prescriptions to the majority of the precision ag displays in today’s market.
Using the selections tools, accurately select and analyze particular hybrids/products, different application rates and specific areas of the field.
Soil Sampling Tools
Easily sync lab soil test results with sample locations in the field. Then map the sample sites for recommendations, analysis or use in reports and printing.
Download Soil Survey Maps
Display attribute information such as Soil Type, CSR, Erodibility Class, Slope Range, % sand/silt/clay, and more.
These backgrounds provide great visual reference when viewing maps and also will display in print layouts.
Simple Expense/Income Entries
Ideal for farmers looking for more sophisticated analysis tools and consultants who are working with multiple clients, SMS™ Advanced includes all of the features of SMS Basic, plus additional tools and features designed to make analysis across multiple fields and operations easy.
SMS Advanced was designed to provide more sophisticated analysis tools for both the grower and their trusted advisors.
By recording your data year-round and year-after-year from your precision farming display, SMS Advanced helps you manage information across many acres and fields to understand how changing variables affect yield and profit.
Whether you are a crop consultant, insurance provider, custom applicator or seed dealer, SMS Advanced allows you to manage an unlimited number of projects to analyze data by individual field or across the entire client base while keeping data separate.
Projects can be stored at multiple data locations offering flexibility for large client databases. Each location can be formatted for custom migration and backup settings.
Customized Reporting and Printing
The SMS software has an abundance of print layouts and the ability to create user-defined layouts that you can use to feature your data on the right layout.
Detailed reports and charts can provide better insights for future planning and success.
Create, edit and save fertilizer recommendation equations from universities, consultants and others, then apply those recommendations to specific projects, or across the entire client base. Users can also output multiple product recommendations from a single equation, helping make prescription writing more efficient.
The normalization tools allow you to normalize the data so that you can accurately view trends even when multiple crop types have been planted on the same field over the years.
Generate NDVI Dataset
Generate Profit/Loss Dataset
This statistical comparison allows users to easily view how different attributes relate to each other. For example, yield response to organic matter, soil pH, phosphorus, potassium and other soil nutrients.
Also, utilize SMS’ Batch Command Utility to complete many common data management tasks such as Import and Exporting files (including shape and text), generating boundaries, reprocessing data and more saving you valuable processing time. Note: Limited Batch Functionality also available in SMS Basic
The generated 3D grid can be used to display layers saved in your management tree in a 3D view. This also includes displaying operations not recorded with elevation values in 3D, such as soil survey or soil test results. Viewing maps in 3D gives you an additional perspective for analyzing data across your operation.
SMS™ Mobile allows you to collect information from the field and sync with your desktop software program to provide the extra detail needed to make critical management decisions.
- Log and edit points, lines or polygons manually or with GPS
- Display up to 4 real-time map statistics
- Image download
- Seamless data transfer to SMS desktop software
- Import/export shape files
- View up to 4 backgroud map layers simultaneously
(Source – http://www.agleader.com/products/)